Monday, December 22, 2008

Actual Test 01


Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!
I think that the most important influential invention in the last 100 years was a computer. First, the computer can help our work. The computer can do complicated calculations and also we can search for the information in the Internet. Second, the computer can make our lives healthier.We can get rid of the stress we got from our busy lives by playing computer games. In addition, we can make our relationship with others better by doing some chatting.

Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!

I think that it is better to read newspaper or use the Internet than watch television. First, I can get broader information. When I watch TV, the information I want isn't always being shown so it is very limited. But we can just type in the word and get every kinds of information by using the Internet. Second it is more effective. We can carry the newspaper so we can read them whenever or wherever we want. Also, we can open up the Internet and get information whenever we want so we can save our time.


Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!

The university notice was about all the students being required to take the residence in the university dormitories. The man disagrees with the notice. First, there is no need to increase the student housing fees. He actually had to pay more and more when the years passed and so frankly, he was becoming burden. So the new change can solve the man's problem. Second, he liked all students being required to take the extracurricular activties. Actually, there was nobody doing the extracurricular activity before while the man thinks it is very useful. Since more people are involved in doing extracurricular activities, he will sign up for a club or join the sports team.



Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!
Sampling error is about a survey or scientific study being not perfect and having some element of error. The professor gives two examples of sampling error. First one was about a scientist having an experiment of determining the average size of the fish in the lake. He actually caught fish with the net but it was too big. So, he couldn't catch small fish therefore, we can say that there is an error in the study. Second example was about a political survey. There was a political survey taken at the afternoon by the phone. The survey was taken by the disportianate number of housewives so the survey wasn't taken by truly random sample of the population.

Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!
The woman tells the problem that she can't get the refund of the cancelled bus ticket. The man tells her two possible solutions and I think that it is better for her to go hiking up the mountain. Even if it is cold, I can wear warmer clothes and there will be no problem climbing up the mountain. Also, I can feel the achivement that I've climbed up the mountain although the weather condition was bad. Second, I don't need to hear the noisy sound of the construction from the art museum. Also, I can go there later in my life.

Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!
The profeessor discusses the problem of children generalizing too much or being too specific when trying to learn things. He gives two examples and the first one was about generalizing too much. There was a child who asked his parents what the animal's name is and the parents answered it is a horse. And after when he saw any other animals with 4 legs, he said they are horses. The second example was about the professor giving a doll for her daughter's birth. When her friends visited her, she saw her friends' dolls and she refused to say that they're dolls because she thought that the only doll was her own.

No comments: